And Then There Were Four

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
beadmom

And Then There Were Four

Post by beadmom »

Our fifth generation Livingstone, John W. Livingston Jr. (grandpa) Passed away today. Please keep the Livingston Family in your thoughts and prayers. He is survived by his wife, Shirley, son David, daughter Marci, granddaughter Ginger, grandson John III, and seven great grandchildren: Wes, Kenny, Cassie, Shane, Morgan, Steven and JessieLynn, and two great great grand children. He was well loved and liked by many. We will miss him but know he is watching over all of us.

I am on a ship sailing out of Alaska and internet is .55 a minute so I will catch up with comments on Saturday nght
Jill Richmond

Re: And Then There Were Four

Post by Jill Richmond »

I am so sorry to hear about your Grandfather, Ginger. You and all your family are in my thoughts and prayers at this very sad time for you all. Do please pass on my condolences to them, particularly to his immediate family.

Jill
Jill Richmond
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

Ginger, our prayers go out to you and your family. May he rest in peace.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

What my more eloquent clansmen and women said: He is missed by you and your family and friends and by his clansmen as well.

We are thinking of you all!

We would love a picture of John W. Livingston, Jr., and perhaps an obit for our clan records as well. Help keep his memory alive!

Best regards,
Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Kaye Saunders

Post by Kaye Saunders »

I'm sorry I missed this post over the weekend - I was too occupied with all the rugby that's being played at the moment to log onto the site.

Ginger, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your extended family at this sad time - I too know he will be watching over you and I when we meet and travel around Scotland in 2013. At least you were able to find out about your family from Scotland and let him know about it - I hope that is a comfort to you.

I'll catch up with you later
Kaye
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Ginger,

Sorry to learn of the passing of your Grandfather Livingston. Perhaps you can find some consolation during this sad time in the fact that you were able to share your interesting genealogy information on your Ballachulish Livingston quarrymen ancestors with him and no doubt he very much appreciated your efforts and what you found out.

regards,

Donald
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Donald,

Since at 89 he kind of had everything he wanted, it was one of the few things I could do that really brought him joy these last few years. He followed the Colorado adventure every night by phone and it was a ton of fun.
I really appreciate all the help you guys and gals gave on that. Now Grandma wants me to work on her McCarter side and the Livingstones have inspired me :)

I have been asked to join the board of our Celtic Society this year and there is no place I'd rather be!

I have a great picture of him in his tartan scarf but I can't figure out how to get it up here.

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Hi Ginger,

You can email me and I will put the picture up for you.

By the way, I have McCarter matches among my DNA cousins. Perhaps we are related two ways!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Ginger,
Its wonderfull that your granddad lived a long life and you were able to spend alot of quality time together. It is indeed a sad time, but I think of all the many happy moments you and your family shared with him over the years.

Judging by your persistant efforts and determination to locate information on your highland Livingston ancestors I would think your more than ready to take on other family research challenges in the future. In the mean time we would look forward to your contributions to the forum and to the Society Newsletter. I am sure the board you mentioned will appreciate your interest, enthusiasm and knowledge of things Scottish and you will be a welcome addition.

regards,

Donald