PEI Livingstone Family Re-Union

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Livingstone_PEI

PEI Livingstone Family Re-Union

Post by Livingstone_PEI »

Hi All

Just thought I would let everyone know, we are finally doing it. We are planning a family re-union for the Family of Angus Livingstone (1874) and Catherine Kelly (1876) of Upton, Prince Edward Island on August 4, 2012. This will be held at the Dundas Plowing Match Grounds, Prince Edward Island.

One branch of the family we have no contact with is that of Archie and Sarah Beaton. Archie Beaton ran a painting business I believe. He and his family once lived in Framingham, Massachusetts. I do know he had a son that was killed, Archie, in 1959. He fell 125 ft from the inside of a water tower in New Hampshire.

They had the following children:

John (1915)
Donald (Youngest child but not sure of date)
Catherine or Kay (1904)
Laura (1904)
Peg or Margaret (1909)
Gladys (1911)
Archie or Buster (1908)

Any help in finding this branch of the family would be appreciated.

Thanks
Barry
Canadian Livingstone

Re: PEI Livingstone Family Re-Union

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

HI Barry,

Hope you had a good summer. Look forward to hearing more details of your Livingston family reunion in PEI next year as they unfold. Keep the Clan informed.

regards,

Donald
Livingstone_PEI

Hi Donald

Yes I will keep everyone informed. We have branch of the family coming home from Ontario of which I have never met any of them. Actually we have not been together with any of them in many years. This would be Malcolm's family and I have talked to one of the grandsons of Malcolm on Facebook and he is coming. His father's name was David. I think his home is in the Oshawa area of Ontario. I am going to setup a geneology table for the family too and it will be somewhat of a clan table too. Anyone that wants to send greetings can send me an email and I will have it available on the table or tables if I have lots of stuff. If anyone wants to join us they are welcome too.

Barry
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Definitely would love to have some brochures about the Clan Society and DNA project available. I have some--if you email me beforehand I can email you PDF versions!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Livingstone_PEI

Sure thing Kyle

I will put the brochures out. Everyone seems to be developing a keen interest in the family history with the planning of this event. I hope to encourage a few people to assit me with the DNA project for our family. I used to think I only had the option of 4 people in our large family and now I find I have a pool of many Livingstone men that can be donors. It really is very exciting.

Barry
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Indeed! Testing a couple of Livingston men in your family would be ideal (distantly related), but starting with one is probably the best idea.

The results for your family will have important implications for the rest of our Project, potentially!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com