Happy St. Andrew's Day

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
beadmom

Happy St. Andrew's Day

Post by beadmom »

Dear Jill.....The kilt is still making the rounds :)

We celebrated here in Bend with a big gathering on the floor of a local brewery out with the stainless steel hoppers. They were actively brewing all around us while our pipers were piping and our dancers were dancing.....They made a special brew just for tonight called "Scottish Heart". It was lovely.

The haggis was a bonnie one from Charles Lamb. I am usually just okay with it and think it tastes like Alpo but this one was FANTASTIC and being Scottish and not standing waste (especially of a $25 haggis)....I made sure the remainder went home with me.) Scrambled eggs and haggis for breakfast.

How exactly does one manage to come home from St. Andrew's night with haggis in your bra?

Great photos of pipers and dancers backed with giant beer fermenters!

Slante!
Ginger
Jill Richmond

Re: Happy St. Andrew's Day

Post by Jill Richmond »

Hi Ginger,

So glad the skirt is still doing the rounds and that you had a great St. Andrew's Night. I think how you manage to come home with haggis inside your bra is one of life's great mysteries; sleight of hand must be definitely involved though!

Slainte Mhath!

Jill
Jill Richmond
Kyle MacLea

Re: Happy St. Andrew's Day

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Happy St. Andrew's, all!

I have no commentary on the sequestration of haggis in undergarments, but I wish the whole clan the best on this (belated) feast of St. Andrew!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com