Best Places to Visit in Scotland

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kaye Saunders

Re: Best Places to Visit in Scotland

Post by Kaye Saunders »

I've got some photos from Ballachulish which I will look out and let you have as well - there could be some of Ardchattan too - that is where Donald and Dugald Livingstone (GInger's gg, and ggg grandfather) lived. Remind me if I haven't looked them out before you need them.

Kaye
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

Thank you very much, Kaye. I'm starting to put together "Clan MacLea (Livingstone) Clan Tent Version 9" and will have that ready to reveal during the Tartan Day gathering in Arvada, CO, USA the weekend of 7/8 April. If they are available before that fine, if not then they will be in Version 10 for July or 11 in August. Seems I change something every time I set it up. :shock: :lol: If I keep this up I will need to move from a tent that is 10 ft x 10 ft to one that is 10 x 20 so that people can get in out of the sun....or rain.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Canadian Livingstone wrote:Hi Greg, Jill and Kyle,
I was thinking for future issues of the "Parnassus" we could include photos of some of places of historical interest and scenery of interest to Clan Maclea Livingsone as a number of our clan members have been to Western Argyllshire and to the Isle of Lismore where Baron Livingstone resides. Perhaps a future feature article could be a photo tour of the Isle of Lismore itself including a visit with the Clan Chief.
Excellent idea, Donald! Let's keep this one in mind for a future issue.

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Thanks very much, all, for the wonderful ideas on visiting... Food for my own thought when planning my own visit as well.

And I agree that this great collection of photos will make a wonderful addition to a future issue. We probably have enough to put out a couple of issues!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com