I'm moving

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

I'm moving

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Dear Forum friends and clansmen,

I wanted you to know that this week I am packing up, going on a holiday for two weeks, returning to pack up a moving truck, then driving ~1200 miles to Portland, Oregon, where I will soon be residing and taking up a new job. I aim to finish up the next issue of the Clan newsletter, The Parnassus, in the next very little bit, so Clan Society members should watch their email and the Newsletters subforum under the Clan Members forum for their copies.

I am going to be quite busy these next few weeks and into the Autumn as I start my new job teaching at a university in the Portland area. I will try my best to keep up on affairs here on the Forum, but please everyone keep an eye out for comings and goings and help moderate things (If someone's message needs approval, any moderator can feel free to do it).

Thank you to everyone for keeping our Society and our Clan Forum running and for chipping in on genealogy requests and all the rest.

All best regards,
Kyle
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Kyle MacLea

Re: I'm moving

Post by Kyle MacLea »

We're off and I will be out of touch until the 1st full week of August in all likelihood.

All administration tasks (new accounts, etc.) will need to be undertaken by Bachuil in my absence. Moderation tasks (approving new messages, etc.) can all be undertaken by any moderator (which is a lot of the regular users).

Thanks, all, and I'll see you guys again in August from Portland, Oregon.

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

Safe journey, Kyle. You and Holly have a great time on vacation and come back ready to work. ;)
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Kyle,

Its rough having to pack up and move again but Oregon sounds like a nice place to live and close to the Pacific Ocean, Washington State and British Columbia in Canada which is quite scenic. I wish you all the best.

regards,

Donald
Kaye Saunders

Post by Kaye Saunders »

Just think how close you'll be to Ginger then!!! You can have Livingstone Clan meetings in your area :D
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Indeed, Kaye!

By the way, I'm finding that I am thoroughly buried right now with classes for the new semester.

Expect me to continue to be sparser than usual, but drop a PM or email anytime you need my input, all!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA