Isle of Lismore Cemetery

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
livingstoneancestry

Isle of Lismore Cemetery

Post by livingstoneancestry »

Hello. Was looking online for this and not sure if I'm not looking in the right place or the right wording..... the cemetery on Lismore next to the church, does anyone know if there is a listing/transcription of all those buried there anywhere available online by any chance? Another interest of mine (considered a little odd by some) is my interest in cemeteries, but since there are I'm guessing Livingston/e family buried there thought it was interesting

thanks, Suzanne
jmlivingstone

Re: Isle of Lismore Cemetery

Post by jmlivingstone »

Suzanne,

These links may be of some use, although I've never actually used them myself,

John

http://www.ralstongenealogy.com

http://www.scotsgenealogy.com/
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

I'm guessing Niall would know quite well if there is a cemetery on Lismore that has been transcribed.

Does anyone have access to any transcriptions from the cemetery? There are pictures of the churchyard, I believe, not sure about gravestones?

Kyle
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Suzanne,
Not certain that it has been completely transcribed, but I will see what I can find out. The Kilmolaug Church, the parish church on the the Isle of Lismore
has an old graveyard.
regards,

Donald
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Hi Suzanne and Donald,

It is well worth trying Comann Eachdraidh Lios Mor (Lismore Historical Society), lismoremuseum@btconnect.com. I'm pretty certain someone there will know. Incidentally it is a most interesting small museum, and well worth a visit for anyone visiting the island. The museum boasts a very nice small cafe. Their smoked haddock fishcakes are to die for!

Jill
Jill Richmond
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Since posting the above I have found out that lismoremuseum@btconnect.com is their email address. The Lismore Historical Society also has a website: http://www.celm.org.uk. Hope you find this useful.

Jill
Jill Richmond