Visiting Scotland next June

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
D.W.Livingston

Visiting Scotland next June

Post by D.W.Livingston »

Hello Everyone,

So this November I am getting married at the Tucson Celtic Festival and Highland Games (weekend of November 6-8). Everyone is invited!!! :)
Then we are going to Honeymoon for 2 weeks in June 2016, with 1 week in Ireland and 1 week in Scotland. I want to get to the Isle of Lismore and even stay at Bachuil County House if possible... but I was wondering what other "off the beaten path" attractions would people suggest. I know there is Culloden, and I will be looking at Edinburgh and Stirling as that is where my Grandfather grew up... a quick genealogical tour of addresses I have from the turn of last century... Might even try and see if I can find living relatives.

But I don't want to bore the new wife with all that. :) She loves gardens and scenic areas so I know she won't get too bored but was wondering where do the local people go and do? what can make an amazing trip even that more amazing?

Same goes fro Ireland if anyone has been vacationing there. :)
Our dates are going to be something like June 10th fly out of US and stay in Ireland until the 17th then Scotland from the 18th through 25th

Thank you!!!
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Misty

Re: Visiting Scotland next June

Post by Misty »

Hi David
Hire a car and visit Skye for the day .
D.W.Livingston

Re: Visiting Scotland next June

Post by D.W.Livingston »

:D Thank You.