Happy 6th Year Anniversary

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
D.W.Livingston

Happy 6th Year Anniversary

Post by D.W.Livingston »

I want to thank Niall for putting this new forum together 6 years ago. I saw that it might have been somewhere between July 9 and July 16, 2009 so I wanted for those days to pass.

Now I know that 6 years ago today this forum was up and running and discussions of Livingston(e) and MacLea were running rampant!

Thank You Everyone and HAPPY 6th ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Happy 6th Year Anniversary

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi David,
Happy 6th anniversary for the second edition of the forum and I guess the earlier version of the forum began in 2004 I think it was. Your quite right. It is not so active these days. I have in the past tried to generate a discussion of this very subject. Looking at a Livingston site I stumbled across a while back which seems to be more accessible and had greater numbers I was wondering how many Livingston researchers out there are aware of the Maclea connection to the highland Livingstones and perhaps some researchers are thinking that this is a Maclea Livingstone site and not a Livingstone site. I know that we know but it may confuse many Livingstons not aware of clan history and the Maclea Livingstone connection. Also since the creation of this forum there is facebook and other alternative options for discussing Maclea Livingstone genealogy.

I would also like to thank Baron Livingstone for making this Forum a reality and everyone who has participated in this forum over the years both the first one and the second one and despite the lack of participation of late, in the past the forum has had a great deal of success in assisting Maclea Livingstone researchers with their genealogy and a good number of those have expressed their appreciation of the volunteer work that has over the years taken place here. I dare say untold hours of research has gone into each and every genealogy project undertaken for the forum with the motivation of creating interest in the Clan Maclea Livingstone Society. I think we have had quite a bit of success in helping to connect family history researchers with their ancestors, despite the low numbers of people visiting our Forum in recent years.

regards,

Donald
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

I have noticed the number of posts rise and fall over time. Some months just have more people posting. I am a member of several groups on Facebook in which Livingston(e)s and MacLeas are in and am always suggesting they look at our forum and join the society.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Greg,
Well it is indeed hard to compete with the latest social media trends. I was aware that you, Kyle and others have made an effort in the past to get the message out there by Facebook that we have a Clan web page and forum and that is much appreciated. The forum may appear to be behind the times and not have all the latest whistles and bells of Facebook but it is the official Forum of the Clan Maclea Livingstone Society and as a member of that Society I have felt compelled to make an effort to actively support it whether there is one person per day visiting the site or 500. That being said it has been an honour to work with all of those who have visited from time to time the forum over the years and others who have been more regular participants. Thank-you for taking the time to contribute your research and in joining in on the discussions.

In addition to Genealogy research I should point out that the forum is also a good means to keep lines of communication open between members of the Clan Livingstone Society, its Clan Officers and clan members.

regards,

Donald