Outback Family History

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
jmlivingstone

Outback Family History

Post by jmlivingstone »

http://www.outbackfamilyhistory.com.au/search.php

A link to another useful site, contains at least some Livingstone info,

John.
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Outback Family History

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi John,
That looks like a good place to find some Australian Livingston family info.
An Australian Clan Maclea Livingstone genealogy Project is long overdue. It was encouraged but the interest was just not there. Several years ago we did hear from a few descendants of Hugh Livingston and Catharine McDiarmid of Ardnnamurchan and their son Hugh McDiarmid Livingstone born in the 1850's who settled later settled in Australia. I noticed that an archives in Australia had a photo of him taken in the early days but I could not get in touch with the descendant of Hugh who is the one and only Ardnamurchan born Livingston in our Parker Livingston DNA group. There are as you pointed out some info out there of interest to Australian Livingtons doing their family research including ancestry.com. I have not checked familysearch. I noticed that some of the earliest Livingston settlement took place in the 1830's. I talked genealogy a little bit with the Australian Livingston clan commissioner several years back but wish some Australian Livingstons would work with the Clan Society on doing some comprehensive research beginning with some of the earliest Livingston settlers in New South Wales. Hopefully that will happen someday.

regards,

Donald