The name Niall carried down for centuries!

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Paul Z

The name Niall carried down for centuries!

Post by Paul Z »

I find it very interesting that the Name Niall has been carried down for centuries for many Livingstone families. In fact this name I have noted appearing in the 8th century under the kings of Ulidia one named Niall the son of Aed that won the battle Leth Cam. In addition, I see that the 48th king of Ulidia also being named Niall and the finally there was Niall I, Niall II & Niall III, then finally the Livingstones/MacLea Descent from the Rory the 54th king of Ulidia, which was the last king of this dynasty which has been said that its an acceptable contemporary claim. This name though has some variants like Neil or Niel. However, I do find it interesting that this name is carried by many Livingstone descendants as a first name, Its almost like an Identification marker in some ways! :D Great to be part of this great ancestry!