Jill Richmond, Founding Clan Society Secretary

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

Jill Richmond, Founding Clan Society Secretary

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Dear friends and clansmen,

I regret to pass along the news that our founding Clan Secretary, Jill Richmond, has passed away, last Friday, 14th October after a 5-year battle with cancer. She was one of the kindest people in the Clan Society when we founded it, tirelessly devoted, and a wonderful friend to many of us. Her husband Brian tells me that her Thanksgiving Service is to be next Monday at Colvend Parish Church.

Gus am bris an là, agus an teich na sgàilean

With sadness,
Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Re: Jill Richmond, Founding Clan Society Secretary

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Dear Kyle and all Clan members,

I am so sorry to hear this news. I was just about to contact her as I had not been in contact with her for a while. I was not aware she was ill. She was very supportive of my work and was one of the reasons for my joining the Clan Maclea Livingstone Society and I enjoyed her feedback and comments. What a loss for the Clan Society and even more so for her husband Brian and their family. Above all we will remember her love for Clan Livingstone and Livingstone genealogy. And for me the loss of a good friend in the Clan.

regards,

Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Historian
Clan Maclea Livingstone Society
Greg Livingston

Re: Jill Richmond, Founding Clan Society Secretary

Post by Greg Livingston »

Very sad news indeed. I knew she had stepped cown for medical reasons but didn't know it was that serious. Our hearts and prayers go out to her family.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA