FOIA Requests

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
RLivingstone

FOIA Requests

Post by RLivingstone »

Anyone else recently submit a request through this system? I did back in early February (only my 2nd time; the 1st time was back in the 80s) and have checked my request status a few times only to show that the due date was pushed farther and farther out. Back in the day, early 80s, everything was done via paper obviously and only took 4-6 weeks. It was also not done through the Dept of Homeland Security. When I submitted the request, I was told I could sign up for their online delivery service and check my request status. I appreciated that service thinking it would be faster.... its def not. Makes me want to submit requests for several people I have in my line that I have questions of immigration about, just because its free up to a certain amount of pages and research time and because it takes so long.

Anyone else get results via this online system?