New Livingstone Australia Tartan

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Jill Richmond

Re: New Livingstone Australia Tartan

Post by Jill Richmond »

Hi Donald and Ginger,

First of all Ginger, welcome from me to our Forum. Looking over your posts, I think Donald and Kyle have done an amazing job in tracing your ancestors, and you must be thrilled.

Donald has put my name forward as someone who might know what the Highland dress is for women. My own preference is to wear a tartan skirt, not a kilt - except perhaps a long kilt or perhaps long skirt for evening wear. The tartan that I wear is Muted Livingstone, the others in the same sett are Modern Livingstone and Ancient Livingstone (the tartan favoured by our Chief - see photos of the Gathering). You can see pictures of these tartans on this website.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jill
Jill Richmond
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

I am thrilled...They are amazing!
My grandfather and father are also very excited. Today Grandpa said "I never got that information. I was young and didn't care at the time. I wish I had." Now I will be ale to piece it all together for him. My daughter, Shane, has always been the genealogy gatherer, so she of course is very happy! She lives in France so she might be the first one to get to Scotland

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

We're very happy to help, Ginger. And to echo Jill's comment, I love the tartan or kilted skirt. I'm planning on getting one for my wife soon, in the Livingston Modern tartan, so she'll match my kilt. Shhhhh, don't tell. ;)

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com