Old Forum Researcher-Rob. Livingston

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

Re: Old Forum Researcher-Rob. Livingston

Post by Kyle MacLea »

That sounds perfect.

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi All,

I would presume this to be from the information recorded in theINhabitants of Argyll's Estate 1779. Rob copied some of the Mull information and thought perhaps Morvern as well. That was a while ago. I had the microfilm at one point a few years ago and copied some of Morvern, Savary and other parts of Morvern but did not copy Mull. I am not certain that it covers all of Mull. Some of the Morvern information does not list ages and only the principal householder for example at Savary we have Donald Livingston and his brother Hugh (Ewen) Livingston each with family but no mention unfortunately of their names or ages.

regards,

Donald
Roberta Ann

Post by Roberta Ann »

Hi Donald;

Can you be more specific about Donald and Hugh. What Parish? Do you have an idea of their age in 1779?

Regards;

Roberta
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Roberta,
See above posting.
Morvern Parish: location: Savary Donald and Hugh Livingstone No age given, just number of family members 1779 Argyll Tenants list. We however know that Donald Livingstone was born in 1728 and died in 1816 and that his brother Hugh who also lived a Savary also went by the name Ewen. I'm off to celebrate Christmas. Hope you have a good Christmas. I have compiled alot of information on the Savary family over the years as my ancestor Miles Livingston and his wife Janet (Janette) were born in Morvern Parish. The Livingston families that were connected through marriage to the McInnis clan seem to adopted the name Miles as there was long ago some famous McINnis named Miles McInnis. Some of this McInniss family remained in the Savary area others left for the Isle of Skye where the name Miles McINnis also shows up. The most famous marriage of a McInniss and a Livingston was Donald Livingston's parents John Livingston and his wife Ann McInnis. Kyle has been asking me to put something together some of this research on Donald Livingston I have done over the years so there should be an article in the first issue of "The Parnassus" with any luck. I am not certain how much of the Donald is local mythology and how much is fact but I think the best approach is to just tell the story. Donald's 1746 adventures in the 260 years after Culloden have taken on a kind of heroic status in Western Argyll not unlike the greek hero Achilles of the Trojan War.
regards,

Donald
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Merry Christmas, Donald, Roberta, and all!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com