Nametags

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Greg Livingston

Re: Nametags

Post by Greg Livingston »

For those that are interested, I have requested from my supplier one name badge (black on white) with a magnetic backing. When I receive it, I will post pictures of it on my vest or on some tartan material. From the graphic he sent me, I might have them increase the font size for the clan name and the individuals name for future badges. Once I feel they are correct, I will be able to get them made for each of the officers and tent volunteers as needed.

I also have tartan material and appropriate coloured felt for completing banners. I will still need to get materical for the backs of the banners but that can wait until the main part is finished. My wife and I started the project this past Sunday and I will post pictures when finished. We will have at least one sample of the following tartans for display: Livingstone Modern, Livingstone Ancient and Livingstone Muted. Each sample will be trimed with black to keep from unraveling and yet allow visitors to feel the weight of each.

If anyone has good pictures of Lismore or the area, please send them to me at the highest resolution you can. The best email address would be games at clanlivingstone.com and that way I will be able to send them to our volunteers as needed. There are several in the Gallery here that I would like for us to use. If those that posted them would prefer they were not used, please let me know.

Also, once again, any historical or genealogical MacLea/Livingstone articles that anyone knows of that would be nice to hand out at festivals, please either point me to them or send them to clans at clanlivingstone.com in any format.

Thank you,
Greg
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Excellent, looking forward to seeing both the Nametag AND the Banner!

Please, everyone, if you have high-res images of Lismore, or other MacLea/Livingston/e lands, please send them to Greg!

Feel free to use anything from the Gallery. Everyone who has posted there has given their permission, but of course if someone would especially like something NOT used, please notify Greg ASAP. These will make great additions to our "Clan Book" for the Games, so we can share more about our Clan with interested visitors and future members!

I would like to encourage anyone to submit to me or Greg historical/genealogical articles of any kind that they wouldn't mind being included in either Clan materials viewable at events, or The Parnassus, or online to the Forum or Webspace, or whenever we get around to publishing some Clan history/genealogy books or pamphlets! You members and friends will help us immensely in spreading the word about our Clan by writing up your OWN family history or what YOU are most familiar with about the Clan. You might not think others would be interested.... but I say they will be! If not now, then in the future, certainly!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

I just now received the name tag that I ordered to see how they would come out. It's great. Aluminum with a magnetic catch on the back. White with:

.................Clan MacLea (Livingstone)
Clan Crest.....Greg Livingston
.................Games Coordinator

on the front in black (without the ....). I will post a picture as soon as I get a chance to take it.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Ooh! Can't wait to see it!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com