Nametags

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Greg Livingston

Re: Nametags

Post by Greg Livingston »

I'll get something figured out on this, Kyle. Just don't know what right now.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Staples has a pack of 25 for $16.99 Avery® Vinyl Badge Holder, Horizontal, 3" x 4"

http://www.staples.com/Avery-Vinyl-Badg ... rea=SEARCH .

These are not pin ons. They go on a cord.

Ginger
Greg Livingston

Outstanding info, Ginger. I hadn't stopped there yet, Office Depot is on the way home from work so that was the stop.

Kyle, I'll put together a format for the badges to match the 3 x 4 shape and we can always send those out with the banners.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
Bachuil

Post by Bachuil »

Sorry for my intermittant postings at the moment.

I am more than a little busy trying to do up a barn as an office before renovating a house for my mother. The pressure is on as I get married in June!

Traditionally the clan crest badge was always shown as black on white. This was supposed to represent the fact that the badge was invariably silver.

I would suggest therefore that for a card or badge which has the clan crest then it would be simplest to keep the card/badge white or vellum and the drawing of the badge and lettering black.

As an alternative our livery colours are taken from the coulours of the first quarter of my arms - the Lion Rampant of the Royal House of Lorn - that is to say red and gold. I think that would be a bit rich for a visiting card - but certainly for a banner across a tent the gold lettering on a red tartan seems to fit the bill.

Regards

Niall
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Greg Livingston

Bachuil wrote:Sorry for my intermittant postings at the moment.

I am more than a little busy trying to do up a barn as an office before renovating a house for my mother. The pressure is on as I get married in June!

Traditionally the clan crest badge was always shown as black on white. This was supposed to represent the fact that the badge was invariably silver.

I would suggest therefore that for a card or badge which has the clan crest then it would be simplest to keep the card/badge white or vellum and the drawing of the badge and lettering black.

As an alternative our livery colours are taken from the coulours of the first quarter of my arms - the Lion Rampant of the Royal House of Lorn - that is to say red and gold. I think that would be a bit rich for a visiting card - but certainly for a banner across a tent the gold lettering on a red tartan seems to fit the bill.

Regards

Niall
Niall,

That is totally understandable. Congratulations, Joyce and I wish you and your bride all the best.

I am most happy to see your posting on this. One of the things I have not heard was what was traditional for banners etc. Since I prefer traditional myself, we will make the changes and have the badges black on white and use gold lettering on the banner. One other change will be to a simpler font for the banners since they are easier to see from a distance.

Thank you very much.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
Jill Richmond

Post by Jill Richmond »

Dear Niall,

Brian and I were so pleased to see that you are to be married in June, and we send you and your fiancee congratulations and all good wishes.

Regards,
Jill
Jill Richmond
Bachuil

June

Post by Bachuil »

Thanks for your kind wishes.

The big day is St Moluags Day!

N
The Baron of Bachuil,
Coarb of St Moluag
Chief of MacLea
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Congratulations Niall on the upcoming wedding, and a wonderful day you picked.

Jerry
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Congratulations Niall! Blessings to you and yours. I happen to be very fond of the institute of marriage...I've been institutionalized for quite a while. It runs in my family. My grandparents (Livingston) are their 69th year of marriage!

I was thinking about the black on white and considering our tartan is pretty colorful a black/white badge would accent the black in the tartan that is more discreet. Anything else would have to be EXACTLY the right matching colors or it would look weird. Black is classy and will match our shoes/boots?

Want more color up top? Buy a scarf. They have nice ones in our tartan in the Highland Clans store.

IMHO,

Ginger
Greg Livingston

Ginger,

Yes, it will be black on white. Just the opposition of what I had posted above. I am working on pricing for a printed plastic badge that will have a magnetic attachment on the back. Initial pricing which was off the top of his head was "in the $9 range" so we'll see once I get the graphic to him and he's had a chance to actually put a pencil to it.
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA