Scottish, Tartan Firefox Personas

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

Scottish, Tartan Firefox Personas

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Hi all,

If you use Firefox as a web browser, you can integrate "personas" which give you a little more personality.

There are a bunch of tartan, Scottish, etc., personas, although there doesn't yet appear to be a Livingston tartan one, or one that incorporates our clan badge. Anyone want to create one and has the know-how, let me know!

Anyway, I happened to notice there was one for Ballachulish:

http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/persona/49632

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

There are LOTS more!

FYI.
Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
beadmom

Re: Scottish, Tartan Firefox Personas

Post by beadmom »

Oh....gee... Ballachulish (which I can now spell confidently without having to look it up) how convenient for me :D

Thanks Kyle!

Ginger
Canadian Livingstone

Post by Canadian Livingstone »

Hi Ginger,

If you go to Clan Society Gallery on the Clan Society web page you can see in the old Ballachulish Quarry photo a group of white washed cottages which I suspect were residents of the some of the quarry workers. I suspect that your ancestors cottage at West Laroch, Ballachulish was likely identical to one of these you see in photo. I would be pretty certain of it. This is what the workers cottages likely looked like in the mid 1800's. It is great that we have that photo.

regards,

Donald
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

The very interesting thing about those photographs is that the cottages and camp of the Colorado quarries look almost interchangeable with the Ballachulish counterparts.

Ginger