Advertising the Clan Society

Public forum that can be read by anyone. Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and this one for other topics.
Forum rules
Use the Ancestral Search forum for discussion of researching ancestors or family relationships and the General Discussion forum for other topics.
Kyle MacLea

Advertising the Clan Society

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Dear Friends,

If you know of any place I should be placing messages to attract more visitors, and members, to the Clan Society, please send me your ideas!

I also encourage you to spread the word to friends, family, and any Scottish organizations you're familiar with. Word of mouth is going to be a good friend to us, I think!

If you have been helped by our genealogical assistance, I especially ask you to let people know about the help you received here.

Of course, Scottish games & events will be our biggest recruiters, I hope. But it never hurts to beat the (virtual) bushes online, either. Please do, or send me ideas of places I can go and do the same!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
Clan Society Life Member; DNA Project Co-Admin
New Hampshire, USA
kyle -dot- maclea -at- gmail -dot- com
beadmom

Re: Advertising the Clan Society

Post by beadmom »

Kyle MacLea wrote:
If you have been helped by our genealogical assistance, I especially ask you to let people know about the help you received here.

Kyle=
It's possible people are tired of hearing me talk about it but they haven't actually said so....so :D
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

Thanks as always, Ginger, for your continued vociferous support! I dare say I haven't grown tired yet! ;)

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Since a lot of us are crossbred Scots and there is a lot of discussion about other clans that have an interest in us, we could consider adding a links page just to other clans for a reciprocal status.....?

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

We can definitely do that. Make a note of any reciprocal links we should be maintaining!

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
Greg Livingston

Post by Greg Livingston »

Kyle,

I passed our web site to the Scottish Tartans Museum in Franklin, NC. Matt posted it as both Clan Livingstone and Clan MacLea to make sure that anyone looking for one or the other name would be able to find it. Their list is at http://www.scottishtartans.org/clanlink.html I would suggest that we contact their curator, Matt Newsome, about adding a link to them on our links page when we have it set up. He can be contacted by email at tartans (at)scottishtartans.org and will then send a small banner with link information that we can post on our links page. That can be seen at the bottom of this page http://www.scottishtartans.org/links.html
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Ankeny, Iowa, USA
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Most Highland Societies that sponsor gatherings and the like have websites.......where there are websites there are links.

We need a Linkmaster :)

Ginger
Kyle MacLea

Post by Kyle MacLea »

beadmom wrote:We need a Linkmaster :)
Ginger, I smell a VOLUNTEER!

Consider yourself anointed.

Kyle=
Kyle S. MacLea
New Hampshire, USA
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

I see a big HOOK..... like a shepherds hook....slinking towards me...

Ginger
beadmom

Post by beadmom »

Who..exactly is the webmaster?

I will need the link URL they want given out and probably to PM them so we can communicate. There is a small amount of PC involved....so as not to creating an international incident or SNAFU.....or annoy other sites and stuff like that..

Fortunately my daughter is a high end webmaster/designer and can keep me on the happy trail. (and she likes me for some reason) :roll:

Ginger