Pacific NW Highland Games

Public Forum for discussion or comments on Gatherings around the world. This could include Clan gatherings or other Scottish or Highland festivals.
Forum rules
Any Clan, Scottish, or Highland Gathering can be discussed here.
livingstoneancestry

Pacific NW Highland Games

Post by livingstoneancestry »

Pacific NW Scottish Highland Games and Clan Gathering aka Enumclaw Highland Games or Seattle Highland Games was held this weekend in Enumclaw WA starting friday July 29th thru Sunday July 31st. We are suppose to be anywhere from the 6th largest to the 4th largest Highland Games in the US. Approximately 60 clans were present at the Highland Games

Friday July 29th was the opening of the pubs, some pipe bands and the Rising of the Clans and Flaming Saltire. We were scheduled to participate in this event, however things were not very well organized or could've been more organized as we werent really sure where we were suppose to go or anything and couldnt find anyone to find out more info. Ended up leaving prior to event due to a headache

Saturday July 30th, weather was very nice. Even a little sun burn. Our clan tent had a view of one of the performance stages (backside of the stage) but were able to listen to Celtic Rock music over the entire weekend off and on with performances by Brother and Wicked Tinkers. Participated in the Parade of the Clans. Unfortunately didnt meet any fellow clans people. Although I did get to go talk to a couple of other clan tents that I'm related to

Sunday July 31st; weather could've been better. several people said it was traditional scottish weather. light to heavy mist most of the morning and into the afternoon. Participated in the Parade of the Clans a 2nd day (much fewer clans present at this parade compared to prior day). Did meet a couple of people who were Livingston(e)s. One is checking with her parents for more info and wasnt sure of her lineage and the other says her grandmother is a Livingston and from the MA area. Spent a little time visiting a couple of clan tents from the day before.

Suzanne

ps, hope to have pictures up soon
Greg Livingston

Re: Pacific NW Highland Games

Post by Greg Livingston »

Suzanne,

All in all, it sounds like you had a good weekend. Hopefully you were able to get a few pictures that can be posted here to show the tent and the area. That is one of the festivals/games I would like to visit one of these years. I've only been in that area twice, once when I was about 7 and the other when I was there for basic training and didn't get to see much of the surounding area.

If you could, please send me a write up of both of the games that you had a tent set up so that we can include them in the clan newsletter. Also, don't forget to forward information from the sign up list so that we can thank people for stopping by the tent. I believe you have my email or you can send to games at clanlivingstone.com

Thank you,
Greg
Greg Livingston
Clan Commissioner
Northglenn, Colorado, USA