James Livingston and Sarah Wood Tranent Parish, East Lothian

Public Forum for anyone interested in tracing their roots.
Forum rules
Remember that this forum is publicly accessible. Do not share private information that you wish to remain private on the Ancestral Search forum.

Re: James Livingston and Sarah Wood Tranent Parish, East Lot

Postby Canadian Livingstone » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:40 pm

HI John,
Thank-you for sharing the 67 and 111 marker results which show your Livage/ Livingston matches quite obviously.
Wow that is really definite on the relatively close match at 67-5 and 111-5. To me this 67-5 indicates a connection perhaps in the 1600's with your Livingston family, but I really be too certain. I dont think it is an 18h century Livingston family connection when your family records indicate they were all residing in Tranent Parish, East lothian so I my guess would be more likely in the previous century or before. So around 1600's would be my guess or perhaps earlier when there was a probable ancestral connection between the East Lothian Livngstons and the Angus LIvage (Livingstons). Interesting to see that your closest Livingston match at 67-5 did not increase in genetic distance with the 111 marker test but the genetic distance held steady at 5. I think Andrew would be best to consult with regarding your DNA results given his years of experience with the DNA project, his particular knowledge of the LIvage (Livingstons) of Glamis, Angus County and his own ancestral connection to the LIvage (Livingstons). Clearly the matches with the LIvingstons who have the done 67 marker test most significantly I think is indicating that your Livingston family that lived in Tranent Parish, East Lothian in the 1700's and 1800's must of had some sort of ancestral connection with these Livage (Livingston, Liveston) that resided in the County of Angus in Scotland presumingly in some prior century I suspect.

I also assume since Kevin Livingston is not a match with you or apparently the Angus County Livage/ Livingstons then his Prestopans Parish East Lothian Livingston family group from the 1700's who later moved to Midlothian, Scotland and in the 1830's to Australia must not be related to either your Tranent Parish East Lothian Livingston family group or that of those Livage/Livingstons who are of Angus County, origin who you are match with.

regards,

Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Postby Ozlivingstone » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:36 am

Thanks Donald - I have sent an email to Andrew. Appreciate your input. John
Ozlivingstone

Postby D.W.Livingston » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:31 am

Canadian Livingstone wrote:4. John Livingstone born 24/09/1798 baptized 04/10/1798 Tranent Parish, East Lothian or 1801 died August 21, 1875 Chesthil, Cranston Parish, Midlothian m. June 30, 1833 Newbattle Parish, Midlothian Helen Cockburn_ linked to U.S.A. David Wyse Livington and his family that lived in Scotland

Hello John (and Donald), it is amazing that multiple forum members would be connected by a single family of brothers. Donald, I appreciate the work you put into the searches and helping everyone.. John if you would like you can send me a message and I can share the limited information I have, I think I hit a road block around James and Sarah, I will have to pull out my information again and review. :) Very exciting!!!
David Wyse Livingston
Tucson, Arizona, United States
D.W.Livingston

Postby Canadian Livingstone » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:19 am

Hi David,

Over the years every once and while a Livingston with information that they were descended from a son of James Livingston and Elizabeth Woods of Tranent Parish, East Lothian dropped by the Forum and most recently I tried to piece them all together to get a sense of how closely related they might and refresh my memory as to which son of James Livingston and Elizabeth Woods they said they were descended from.

And best news of all for Livingstons like yourself connected to the Livingstons connected to this James livingston and Elizabeth Woods is that John's cousin Phillip Livingstone is a participant in the Familytreedna project representing this James Livingston and Elizabeth Wood Tranent Parish, East Lothian County Livingston ancestral group and has some interesting Livingston matches. It is really neat you all share a documented Livingston family connection that far back in the County of East Lothian, Scotland and glad to have helped find you and your family some new cousins.

regards,

Donald
Canadian Livingstone

Previous

Return to Ancestral Search